I decided that while we are going through Caleb's cancer treatments I needed something fun that would take my mind off of everything and that I could be creative with and since I'm such a huge fan of any baking shows I thought I would love to make cupcakes! So whenever I get the chance I'm going to either look up unique recipes or try to make up some of my own and write about what I made and how they look, and try to get a picture up each time!
Today I went with my own idea & came up w/ orange creamsicle <3 To make this I used a regular white cake mix and added some orange extract and grated orange peels to the batter to give it a hint of orange flavor which turned out really nice! For the frosting I just bought white frosting and once again added orange extract and a tiny bit of mandarin juice out of the can. I then added food coloring to give it a light orange color and topped them off with a mandarin orange slice.
They were really good, especially the actual cupcake and the frosting had a good orange taste but for myself personally it was a little too sweet. My favorite part was eating the orange slice on top!!
It was a fun first attempt at creativity and I can"t wait to come up w/ more ideas!
Oh yes...a word to the wise... use cupcake liners or at least spray the cupcake tin so they don't stick and you lose most of the bottoms! Ooops! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment